Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Title – Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Financial Controller
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for managing general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, GST and maintaining appropriate financial documentation through an organized system of filing. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Communication Organizing
- Team Work Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability Ethics and Integrity
- Maintaining an organized filing system for all appropriate accounting documents.
- Prepare the general ledger.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Maintain accounts receivable.
- Maintain accounts payable.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Act as first line contact with vendors regarding billing problems.
- Keep Finance Manager informed of potential accounting and billing problems.
- Serve as a back-up for various accounting and administrative functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferably Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting.
- More than 3 years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable and general bookkeeping.
- Strong working knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications an asset.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
Punjab Milk Foods Inc. offers competitive salary package, benefits, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Qualified applicants should contact Punjab Milk Foods Inc. at: email@example.com