Job Title: Maintenance Technician -(US Plant)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance and troubleshooting of packaging machines
- Extensive knowledge of PLC based packing machines for trouble shooting, set-up/start-up, repair & maintenance of tray filler/packer, cup fillers, vacuum packing machines, extruders, flow-wrappers, metal detectors, carton packer, palletizers etc.
- Performs routine inspections on building systems equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Knowledge of PLC based processing plant for trouble shooting, repairs & maintenance of equipments such as pumps, agitators, heat exchangers, blenders, dosing pumps etc.
- Operation & maintenance of high and low pressure boilers, water treatment plant, hot water system.
- Extensive knowledge of Ammonia Refrigeration and other refrigeration systems.
- Ability to work with Electrical & instrumentation systems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical drawings.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of Nanak Foods.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and use lock out/tag out procedures when required
- Responding to calls and addressing problems,
- Capacity to comfortably enter into confined spaces, ability to use aerial lifting devices and work from heights
- Ability to work in various temperatures and environments
- Ability to occasionally lift/push/pull heavy objects
- Ability to work alone on most occasions
- Capacity to work different shifts, weekends, and schedules (e.g. days, afternoons) as
- Flexibility to work weekends/OT/stat holidays
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for maintenance and associated duties
- 2-4 years experience in a Food manufacturing Industry
- Power Engineer Certificate and/or Diploma or 4th Class Power Engineer License will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of GMPs, SOPs, HACCP, - Good communication (written, listening, understanding, speaking), planning, and teamwork.
-Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment
Nanak Foods offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans; Life Insurance; Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Paid Vacation and Holidays.