Job Title: Mat Leave Coverage - Quality Food Technician
Position Type: Full-time, Monday to Fridays, 8:30am-5pm
Position Overview: 12-18 Month Contract with Potential Extension
- Implement and maintain the quality management system, including HACCP and SQF, to ensure the continuous quality
- Ensure that food safety and quality assurance programs are properly implemented and maintained by following regulatory guidelines through auditing/inspection, product quality control, and data entry.
- Provide support to operations with the objective of meeting food safety and quality requirements, while maintaining production efficiency.
- Present a professional and respectful attitude when dealing with both internal and external contacts, and will work towards facilitating a team atmosphere within the company.
- Translate and incorporate good manufacturing practices (GMP) into operational practice.
- Perform food safety and quality critical control point checks on process as outlined in the HACCP and Quality Program requirements.
- Work directly with production staff on testing protocols and requirements to meet and exceed quality and safety requirements. Ensures production management is aware of deviations from requirements
- Monitor production staff’s adherence in meeting product specifications.
- Monitor proper implementation of other Food Safety and Quality Programs by performing process checks, sample collection, and finished product inspection
- Evaluate raw material and on hold product, suggests disposition, and inform appropriate Management Personnel as required
- Assist in data entry for all monitoring and verification activities as required. Prepare reports as necessary to record findings and recommendations from testing
- Work regularly with departmental supervisors in an effort to develop and maintain most efficient quality assurance procedures for respective areas
- Assist in Research & Development activities
- Perform routine analysis and laboratory work
- Additional duties as assigned
- One years or more experience in a food processing environment preferred
- Ability to read, understand, and follow documents and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft software is required
- Ability to work in team setting or independently with minimum supervision
- Good analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills. Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours and accept additional responsibilities as needed
- Exceptional reliability
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.