Job Title: Millwright
Dynamically growing Food Production Company is looking to fill up Maintenance Technician - Millwright position.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Millwright
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Strong technical skills, hand on troubleshooting experience and working knowledge in mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, GBX’s, conveyors, carton packers, cup fillers, extruders, flow-wrappers, metal detectors, palletizers, and vacuum packing machines.
- SS welding (TIG) and experience with heat transfer equipment is an asset.
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certification is an asset
- Main daily duties include (not limited to) adjusting, dismantling, installing, maintaining, optimizing, overhauling, and repairing a variety of plant production equipment
- Base knowledge of HMI, PLC and low voltage electrical control systems
- Broad mechanical knowledge particularly in high-speed manufacturing/pharmaceutical/packaging/food processing environment
- Identifying, developing, assisting, and implementing improvements on food process machinery
- Performing routine maintenance on food processing machinery, all work is performed in a safe and efficient fashion
- Completing work orders in a timely manner, fluent CMMS user, familiar with WO cycle from initiation to closing.
- Supporting other maintenance department employees with their job duties if necessary
- Attending/responding to food process machinery breakdowns in an adequate, effective and efficient manner
- Must be a hands-on person with knowledge of both mechanical and electrical aspects of job.
- Following, interpreting, and understanding blueprints/ layouts to complete assigned duties
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Industrial / AB/ ON/ BC Millwright.
Consideration will be given to Electrician or Instrumentation with strong mechanical aptitude
- PLC training, thermal imaging, ultrasound, vibration analysis is an asset
- Working-level proficiency in the English Language, Good reading, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills. MS office word, excel, PowerPoint are essential.
- 3 years or more experience performing job duties as a maintenance technician in a food processing or high-speed packaging environment
- Working at Heights Certification
- Confined Space Certification is an asset
- Arial Platform Certification is an asset
- Good Sound understanding of GMP’s, HACCP, CCP, Lean, 5S, SOP, TPM, WHMIS
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team based environment. Keeps managers informed and take responsibility for actions and decisions taken on a daily basis.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interpret and understand blueprints
- Ability to problem-solve and bring value-added industry best practises to our organization
- Working conditions
- 8hrs afternoon shift primarily Monday to Friday
- Will be times when the incumbent will be required to work during non-conventional hours. Must be willing to work OT as necessary.
- Lifting of up to 25 kg and include prolonged standing and/or walking, working on heights
- Experience with mentoring and training apprentices
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume through Indeed.ca or email your resume to email@example.com with the following subject line Maintenance Technician – Millwright.