Job Title: Production Associate / Operator
Nanak Foods is the largest federally approved Indian dairy in North America that specialises in producing Indian: Appetizers, Dairy, and Desserts in a state-of-the-art facility and ships to more than 15 countries around the world. We strive to maintain our best tasting and high-quality products with the use of finest quality ingredients. The multicultural workforce and its expertise has enabled us to not only prosper, but also enabled personal development for our employees. We have a great opportunity for you to work with Nanak Foods! This is an excellent opportunity for any individual to join our fun and growth-oriented team.
Purpose of the job:
To assist the Multivac line supervisor to package Paneer in an effective and efficient manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operating Multivac computer panel to control and maintain the machine in a effective and efficient operational manner
- Must be available to cover vacation/ sickness position for plant.
- Assisting/collaborating with co-workers, line operators, machine operators and supervisors to operate, monitor, and complete the packaging process within a reasonable time
- Including but not limited to: assembling, ensuring, inspecting, maintaining, monitoring, and operating food packaging machines are fully functional and performing up to company standards
- Including but not limited to manually packing products into bags, boxes, and/or other containers
- Including but not limited to manually transferring bags, boxes, and other containers onto wooden pallets
Qualifications (An Ideal Candidate):
- Highschool diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working level proficiency in the English Language
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a high-volume number of employees is preferred
- Flexible to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
- Basic knowledge of Goods Manufacturing Practices, Quality Control in Food Processing, Standard Operation Procedures, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Advance level in attention to detail
- Advance level in manual dexterity
- Basic level of knowledge in machine operation
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work: alone/ around others/ with others
- Ability to work: effectively/ efficiently by oneself and in teams
- Ability to work: in a fast pace/ high-pressure environment
- Preference of experience with manual/power pallet jack
- Preference of experience working with overhead cranes in a food manufacturing environment
Please note that by submitting your resume, you certify that all the information submitted is true, complete and correct. Any information provided in your resume, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate further consideration for employment and may result in dismissal if employed. Thank you for your resumes for this position; however, only those who are shortlist will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time