Job Title: QA Technician (1 Year Mat Leave with Potential Extension)
QA Technician (1 Year Mat Leave with Potential Extension)
Position Type: Full-time, Monday to Fridays, 8:30am-5pm
- Implement and maintain the quality management system, including HACCP and SQF, to ensure the continuous quality
- Ensure that food safety and quality assurance programs are properly implemented and maintained by following regulatory guidelines through auditing/inspection, product quality control, and data entry.
- Provide support to operations with the objective of meeting food safety and quality requirements, while maintaining production efficiency.
- Present a professional and respectful attitude when dealing with both internal and external contacts, and will work towards facilitating a team atmosphere within the company.
- Translate and incorporate good manufacturing practices (GMP) into operational practice.
- Perform food safety and quality critical control point checks on process as outlined in the HACCP and Quality Program requirements.
- Work directly with production staff on testing protocols and requirements to meet and exceed quality and safety requirements. Ensures production management is aware of deviations from requirements
- One years or more experience in a food processing environment preferred
- Ability to read, understand, and follow documents and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft software is required
- Ability to work in team setting or independently with minimum supervision
- Good analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills