Our recipe for Palak Paneer, cottage cheese in a spinach based gravy.
- Chopped Spinach (Palak)- 10 Cups
- Paneer (Cottage cheese) cut into 12mm (1/2 inch) cubes- 1 1/2 Cups
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped onions- 3/4 Cup
- 4 Garlic (lehsun) cloves, grated
- 25 Ginger (adrak), grated
- 2 Finely chopped green chillies
- Turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/2 tsp
- Fresh tomato pulp- 3/4 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Punjabi garam masala- 1 tsp
- Fresh Cream- 2 tbsp
Method to Prepare
Blanch the spinach in a vessel full of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, refresh with cold water and keep aside to cool for sometime. Blend in a mixer to a smooth puree and keep aside. Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute on a medium flame until they turn translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and turmeric powder and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato pulp and saute till the mixture leaves oil, while stirring continuously. Add the spinach puree and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Add the salt, garam masala, and fresh cream and mix well. Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.